Mickey Mouse Christmas Cupcakes
Celebrate the holidays with chocolate Mickey Mouse Christmas cupcakes finished with red frosting and mini Oreo ears.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- red food coloring
- Mini oreos
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Add this to the butter mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the buttermilk.