Jen makes mini versions of this classic Italian treat that makes all fruitcakes jealous.
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Marinated fruit mix:
- ¼ cup dark raisins
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup candied orange peel
- 4 tbsp rum
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1 quantity starter (amounts above)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- Marinated fruit mix (drained)
- Oil for bowl
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp milk)
- The night before: In a bowl, combine starter ingredients, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to rise overnight. In another bowl, combine raisins, peel, and rum. Cover and allow to marinate overnight. Drain and reserve rum for other use.
- The next day: In a mixer, whisk together eggs, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla. Once well mixed, whisk in the starter mixture.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?