Mixed Berries with Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise
Megan shows you how to make Mixed Berries w/ vanilla bean creme anglaise.
- 2 cups whole milk, preferably organic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 vanilla beans, split and seeds scraped out
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 pint strawberries, washed
- 1 pint raspberries, washed
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- 1 pint blackberries, washed
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- In a medium sized saucepot combine the milk, cream, vanilla bean pods and scraped seeds as well as the vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl combine the yolks, sugar and salt. Whisk together. Once the milk mixture is up to heat, whisk some of it into the eggs to temper them. Return the tempered eggs back into the milk and cream mixture.