Mixed Mushroom Toast
Megan makes a meaty yet vegetarian mixed mushroom toast.
- 3 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as oyster, chanterelles, shiitake and cremini, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup finely minced chives
- 1 wedge of Parmesan cheese
- 1 pain rustique loaf
- Clean and thinly slice or tear the mushrooms.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and a drizzle of EVOO. Add 1/3 of the mushrooms so you don't overcrowd the pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Continue this process with the rest of the mushrooms and butter until they are all cooked down and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.