Mousse Cake with Brigadeiro and Wafers
Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Brazil really knows how to make a delicious cake!
- 1 package white chocolate wafers
- 1 package of milk chocolate wafers
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate bran cake flour
- 1 cup brigadeiro
- 7 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 package gelatin, prepared per the instructions
- 5 egg whites, beaten
- Line a springform pan with buttered parchment paper. Alternate the white chocolate wafers and the milk chocolate wafers around the outside of the pan. Spread the chocolate bran flour on the bottom of the pan and press down. Pour the brigadeiro over the bran flour. Place the pan in the refrigerator.
- Mix the melted white chocolate with the heavy cream and gelatin. Gently whisk in the egg whites. Spread this mixture over the brigadeiro. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours. Top with chocolate shavings before serving.