When you can't decide on strawberry, chocolate or vanilla cake, enjoy this 3-in-1 dessert instead.
- 644 grams flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 397 grams sugar
- 562 milliliters milk
- 190 milliliters oil
- 185 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 3 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberry cake: 1 teaspoon strawberry essence and 1 drop pink food gel
- Chocolate cake: 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 750 grams softened unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1020 grams soft icing sugar mixture (sifted after it's weighed)
- 2 tablespoons milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop pink food gel
- Chocolate sauce (to drizzle)
- Ice cream wafer cookies, cut into triangles
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a conventional oven. Line a 3x8 inch cake tins with oil spray and baking paper on the bottom. The best way to do this is to cut out circles of baking paper a little smaller than the bottom of your cake tins.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together).