Nutella Coconut Macaroons
Homemade coconut macaroons are so much better when filled with Nutella, dipped in chocolate and topped with toasted pecans.
- 2 large eggwhites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1 ½ cups dried unsweetened coconut, shredded or flaked
- ½ cup Nutella
- 200g dark chocolate (melted)
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- Preheat an oven to 325F.
- Place hazelnuts onto a baking tray and bake for 10 min or until golden. Allow to cool completely. Roughly chop with a large knife. Set aside.