Over the Top Caramel Apples
With names like "The Nutty Professor" and "Cookies & Cream Craze," these must be good.
- 4 Fuji apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter 1/2
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cups corn syrup 1/3
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 Wooden dowels
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 crushed Oreos
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate melted
- Insert wooden stir stick or chopstick into stem end of each. Refrigerate on baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, melt together white and brown sugars, butter, condensed milk, corn syrup and salt, stirring. Cook over low heat for 18 to 20 minutes or until thickened, deep caramel colour (234-236°F on candy thermometer). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?