In partnership with
Panko Crusted Cod in a Creamy Marsala Sauce
Cod fillets are coated with panko and pan-fried to perfection. A quick sauce is made using Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine, butter, garlic, shallots, capers, and a splash of cream. Served over rice and wilted greens.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 1/4 cup Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine
- 1 large bunch of spinach, washed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup capers
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1.25 pound cod fillet, cut into 4 even pieces
- Rice, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Bring a medium-size nonstick skillet up to heat over medium. Add in the butter along with the shallots and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add in the Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine and cook until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add in the spinach, cream, capers, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together then cover and cook on low until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Keep warm on low.