Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
Dessert sandwiches filled with rich, creamy peanut butter will have you screaming "whoopie!"
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster (fine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 3/4 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 3/4 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and the egg and beat again. Next, add the buttermilk and beat again to combine. Sift in the remaining dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, finishing with the dry.