Peruvian Steamed Mussels with Corn Salsa
Are these not the most beautiful mussels you've ever seen and tasted?
Peruvian Steamed Mussels
- 1 dozen mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/3 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup tomato, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili peppers, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place mussels and beer in a pot, and cook on medium heat.
- Once all the shells have opened, turn off the heat and set mussels aside to cool.