Pet Bowl Cereal Cake
Attention dog lovers! Now, you and your four-legged friend can eat from a bowl with this bowl-shaped cake filled with Cocoa Puffs.
- 100g cocoa powder
- 350g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 450g caster sugar
- 350g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 350ml milk
- 300g round cocoa puff breakfast cereal
- 500g white fondant
- 3 drops red food gel
- 3 drops blue food gel
- 1 can of Wilton silver mist spray
- 200g store bought vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting or ganache
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Spray an 8” cake tin which is 4 inches deep. Line with baking paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cocoa powder, plain flour, salt, bicarb soda and sugar. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well! (alternatively, you may do this by sifting the ingredients together).