Pistachio & Rose Panna Cotta Tart
This pistachio & rose panna cotta tart deserves the final 🌹.
- 100 g (3.5oz) pistachios
- 1 1/4 cups (163g / 6oz) plain (AP) flour
- 1/3 cup icing (confectioners / powdered) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 113 g (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- 1 - 1.5 tablespoons (20-30ml) ice water (notes)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250ml) whole milk
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar (notes)
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 teaspoon rosewater essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (notes)
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater essence
- 2 drops pink liquid food dye
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Line a round tart tin with baking paper.
- Blitz the pistachios in a blender or food processor until very fine.