Poached Eggs Over Fried Bread
Megan is making Fried Bread with a Poached egg and herb salad!
- 4 large eggs, preferably organic
- Distilled white vinegar
- 4 slices thick cut country-style bread
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large lemon, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, loosely packed leafs
- 2 tablespoons chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Fill a medium-size saucepan a little over halfway full with water. Bring to a simmer, not a boil. It should look like sprite or 7-Up. Add a few tablespoons of the vinegar.
- In a small ramekin or bowl crack one egg making sure not to break the yolk. Using a spoon swirl the water making a mini whirlpool. Gently add the cracked egg into the middle of the spinning water. Using a slotted spoon gently pull the white into the center of the pot.