Pork Buns with Oyster Mushroom Bacon and Salt Cured Carrots
5 plant-based meals so good, you won't miss the meat!
- 1 pound large oyster mushrooms, ends removed
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Steamed buns
- Hoisin sauce, as needed
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt-roasted carrots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the oyster mushroom bacon, combine the oils, liquid smoke and salt in a large bowl. Toss the mushrooms to coat. Place the mushrooms gill side down in a cast-iron pan or baking sheet, taking care not to crowd them. Place in oven.