Thanksgiving dinner will be a breeze this year thanks to Frankie’s struggle tips for a delicious holiday meal. From a simple turkey entree to a new twist on a classic dessert, Frankie makes a feast without unstuffing his wallet.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup AP flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 2 dijon packets (2 teaspoons)
- 2 ½ pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the butter has melted, stir in the flour and cook while stirring until a paste forms. Slowly whisk in the milk. Add the thyme and dijon. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the mixture is thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon, 5-8 minutes.