If you like vanilla cream-stuffed doughnuts, you'll love this colorful twist on a favorite.
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Rainbow sprinkles
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla pudding
- Rainbow food colouring
- Make the doughnuts: Place the yeast, warm water and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment.
- Allow this to sit for 10 minutes, until the yeast begins to develop.