Rainbow Mac and Cheese
Who knew the rainbow actually tasted like cheese?
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/4 cups grated white cheddar + extra for topping
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 pounds macaroni, cooked 2-3 minutes less than recommended cooking time
- Pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food coloring
- Set a saucepan to medium heat and add the butter.
- When it begins to bubble, add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly until the flour is dissolved and the mixture thickens.