Roasted Garlic & Squash Soup
Roasted butternut squash soup served in an acorn squash bowl with chorizo, garlic and croutons.
- 2 mini squashes or mini pumpkins as the bowls
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 acorn or butternut squash, seeded, peeled and chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 900 milliliters chicken broth
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 4 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F. On a baking sheet covered with parchment place the chopped squash and garlic head and drizzle with olive oil. Rub in with a little salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes.
- To make the squash bowls, slice off the stem lid of the squash and slice off a small portion of the bottom so it stands straight. Remove the seeds and flesh and place on a baking sheet and roast until tender, 20-30 minutes.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?