Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pretzel Dippers
What's yummier than homemade pretzel sticks dipped in caramel and different types of chocolate?
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup baked soda
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg whisked with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons pretzel salt or coarse sea salt
- Melted Chocolate, white and dark
- Melted caramels
- Begin by stirring the flours, yeast, brown sugar, and salt together in a large bowl, then stir in the warm water until a dough forms. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Grease a large clean bowl lightly with vegetable oil. Place the dough ball in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for 2 hours, until doubled in size. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.