Savory Oatmeal with Mushrooms, Roasted Broccolini and Sunny-Side Up Egg
With eggs, roasted broccolini and mushrooms, turn oatmeal into more than just a breakfast dish.
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved or larger ones quartered
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¾ cup steel cut oats
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, preferably organic
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium sized skillet drizzle enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Bring up to heat over medium high. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Season with a sprinkling of salt. Remove from heat.