Seitan Shawarma Kebab
- 10 ounces seitan, cut into thin pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for frying
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl add the seitan, olive oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, place a frying pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add the marinated seitan pieces and cook for about 5 minutes, until brown and slightly crispy.