Red, yellow, orange and green tomatoes dot this colorful, crispy, and slightly cheesy savory pie.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 18 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 to 4 pints ripe tomatoes of various sizes, colors and shapes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 to 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- Large-flake sea salt
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, place flour, sugar and salt and pulse to combine.
- Add butter to the processor and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.