Smoky Thick-Cut Bacon Spring Rolls
The perfect blend of veggies, spices and ... smoky, thick-cut bacon — your mouth won't know what hit it.
Seasoned Rice Noodles
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1, 2-inch piece ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Thai bird chili, split in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/3 package rice vermicelli noodles, prepared according to package instructions
Glazed Thick-Cut Bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 9 slices thick-cut bacon
- 6 spring roll wrappers
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves
- 1 bunch green onions, whites sliced in half lengthwise, greens sliced diagonally into 3-inch pieces
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 2 Granny Smith apples, julienned, tossed in lemon juice
- 5 Thai bird chilies, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Hoisin sauce, to serve
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, heat canola oil, then add shallot, ginger, garlic, and Thai bird chili.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until shallots begin to brown and caramelize, about 30 minutes.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?