For flapjacks that are extra fluffy try separating the egg whites from the yolks in the style of a soufflé.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup wheat flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3/4 tablespoons milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Oil, for pan
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then add granulated sugar and continue to beat until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining batter ingredients. Fold one-third of the meringue into the batter at a time.