Spicy Kale with Turkey Sausage and White Beans
Spicy kale and turkey sausage make for a great weekday meal.
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 12 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage, bulk or removed from the casings
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 bunch dino kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan or shallow Dutch oven over medium heat. Drizzle in a little EVOO. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the chili flakes.
- Add the turkey sausage, breaking it up into smaller pieces. Cook until browned and almost cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.