Spring Roll in a Bowl
Megan transforms this traditional handfood into a beautiful bowl.
- Salt, for seasoning water
- 1/2 pounds medium-size shrimp, deveined
- 1 pound straight cut rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds on a mandoline
- 1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce, such as Sambal Oelek
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and immediately rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Grill shrimp until pink and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes on each side.