Squash Gnocchi With Cashew Cream Sauce
Switch out potatoes with kabocha squash for a healthier gnocchi that's still packed with creamy, savory deliciousness.
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 pounds kabocha or butternut squash, cut into 4-5 wedges and seeded, to end up with 1 1/2 cups riced squash
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour, plus more for dusting
Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional: Additional minced rosemary and sage for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and drizzle squash with 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?