Squid Ink Flatbread with Smoked Salmon
Enjoy lox with cream cheese on top of a deliciously briny squid ink flatbread.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons squid ink
- Olive oil
- 1/4 pounds sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- In a mixer or large bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and warm water. Set aside for about 5 minutes to become foamy.
- Add flour, salt, and squid ink. Use a dough hook or your hands to combine knead the mixture for about 6-8 minutes, or until the dough forms into a smooth ball.