Strawberries and Cream Floral Roll Cake
Think you got some artistic skill? Good news is it'll taste great either way!
- 8 large eggs, divided, at room temperature
- 11 tablespoons caster sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Zest of one lemon
- Red, green and blue food coloring
- 16 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 14 to 16 strawberries, washed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a roll cake sheet pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together yolks and 3 tablespoons sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in milk, vegetable oil and vanilla until smooth. Sift in flour and cornstarch and whisk until smooth.