Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger
Made with quinoa and sweet potato, this flavorful veggie burger is both yummy and nutritious.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (to yield 2 cups mashed)
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- For burger: 4 whole wheat buns, 1 avocado (mashed), lettuce, and tomato slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil, and place cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.