The Grinch’s Roast Beast
It takes a hearty meal to be as cuddly as a cactus and as charming as an eel, so why not make it a bone-in ribeye?
- 1 (5-pound) bone-in rib eye roast
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 heads garlic, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle stout beer such as Guinness
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, pepper, salt and olive oil.