Thin Crust Tavern Pizza
On this special delivery episode of Struggle Meals, Frankie explores three ways to make delicious pizzas, and shares clever tips to make an A+ pie without dropping your dough on expensive ingredients.
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 honey packet (1 teaspoon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 large or 2 small yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and honey and stir until combined. Add the water and 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix until a dough begins to form. Shape the dough into a disc and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Set aside while you make the toppings.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.