When a sweet, classic French treat meets an equally iconic Italian dessert, yumminess ensues.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cu (1 stick) unsalted margarine, cut in to small pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 220 grams all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs + 1 egg white
- 250 milliliters of skim milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 50 grams 185 grams butter + butter
- Sea salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 400 milliliters thickened / whipping cream (at least 35 percent fat content)
- 3-4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Chocolate Sauce
- Cocoa powder to dust
- Bring the water, margarine, sugar and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove the pan from the heat and quickly stir in the flour with a wooden spoon.
- Cook the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with the wooden spoon, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan and film forms on the bottom of the pan, around 1-2 minutes.