Tuna Melt Khachapuri
It's a cheesy tuna sandwich with a tasty Georgian twist and an egg on top, of course.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole eggs for baking in the khachapuri
- 1 cup dill havarti cheese (or other cheese of choice), roughly chopped or grated
- 3 tablespoons canned chunk tuna, drained
- 2 teaspoons za'atar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten for brushing
- In a medium bowl mix together the yeast, sugar, flour and salt. Add wet ingredients. Using your hands, knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Remove to a flat surface and knead for 5 minutes until springy and elastic. Transfer to a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Set in a warm place and let rise for an hour until doubled in size.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?