Turkey Brushstroke Cupcakes
Gobble gobble up these adorable chocolate turkey cupcakes stuffed with caramel.
- Cupcake batter:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 12 chocolate caramel squares (I used Caramilk!)
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- Vanilla frosting
- red and yellow food colouring
- Red, orange and yellow candy melts, melted
- Bake the cupcakes: Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, beating with each addition. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Add this to the butter mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Pour the batter into a muffin pan lined with cupcake liners. Stick a chocolate caramel into the center of each cupcake. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, then cool completely.
- Make the buttercream: Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and combine. Add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, beating with each addition. Add the cocoa powder and beat until well combined. Then add the milk and mix well.