Veggie Pasta With Burrata And Basil
Make your pasta irresistible with this creamy Italian cheese.
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchinis, halved and cut into 1/2-inch thick half-moons
- 2 medium yellow squash, halved and cut into 1/2-inch thick half-moons
- 2 Japanese eggplants, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 medium-sized tomatoes on the vine, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 3/4 cup packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 balls burrata cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle in olive oil. Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Working in batches, add the zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant, pausing between batches to allow the veggies to brown and soften. Add more olive oil as needed.
- Add white wine to pan to deglaze, making sure to scrape up the brown bits. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and garlic. Cook on medium heat until the tomatoes break down into a sauce, about 10-15 minutes.