Whole Roasted Fish with Citrus Black Bean Brown Butter Sauce
This flaky whitefish gets bathed in a citrusy, nutty sauce.
Whole Roasted Fish
- 4-5 pound whole white fish, like tilefish, turbot, or snapper
- Citrus Black Bean Brown Butter Sauce
Citrus Black Bean Brown Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup fermented black beans, washed and rinsed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large knob ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 pound butter
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels, then score the fish by making 4-5 vertical cuts along the side of the fish. Place in a grill proof dish. Coat with a generous layer of citrus black bean brown butter sauce.
- Place pan over medium heat on the grill, close the lid, and roast for 30-40 minutes, making sure to baste the fish with the citrus black bean brown butter sauce every 10-15 minutes.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?