- 2 Beyond Meat Burger patties
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices spicy Colby Jack cheese
- 1 medium red onion, sliced crosswise into ¼-inch thick
- 2 brioche hamburger buns
- 2 green leaf lettuce leaves, trimmed to fit bun
- 1 heirloom or beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 6 slices dill pickles
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Heat a double-burner grill pan over medium-high until searing hot.
- Drizzle both sides of the burger patties with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place onto the hot grill pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, according to package instructions.
- Once flipped, add a slice of cheese onto each burger to melt. Remove onto a plate to cool slightly.
- Add the onions onto the grill pan in a single layer. Cook for 3 minutes per side. Remove onto a plate.
- Toast the buns, being careful not to burn them (brioche burns quickly), 1-2 minutes. Remove the buns onto a serving plate.
- To build the burger: Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom bun. Top with the cheesy burger patty, then tomato slices, pickles and grilled onion. Spread ketchup onto the top bun. Add mayo if you’re in the mood. Put the lid on, and serve.