VERY Spicy Roasted Tomato Salsa
Adulting - "Salsa & Skewers"
- 8 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 habanero chiles
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and halved
- 3 garlic cloves, peel on
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar, plus more to taste
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Place the tomatoes, cut side up, onto a baking sheet.
- Add the chiles, onion and garlic onto the baking sheet and put into the oven to roast for 10 minutes until slightly charred and softened.
- Remove from the oven and turn the chiles, onion and garlic.
- Return to the oven to broil for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to cool for 10 minutes, or cool enough to safely handle.
- Peel the garlic and toss into a food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
- Add the roasted tomatoes, chiles, onion, cilantro, lime juice and zest, and sugar. Season with salt.
- Pulse to desired textured.
- Pour the salsa into a bowl. Season to taste with additional salt and sugar.
- Stir to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Warning: SPICY!