- 6 heads baby bok choy, halved
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 pound Hen of the Woods mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron pan over high heat. Add mushrooms, a pinch of salt, and sear for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. Add garlic and shallot and cook for 1 minute, until the garlic and shallot are lightly cooked and fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, then stir in sambal. Add shrimp and cook through, about 2 minutes on each side. Add bok choy and cook until just lightly wilted, about another 2 minutes.