- 2 lbs 70% bittersweet chocolate
- 1 lb ruby chocolate
- 1 lb white chocolate
- 12 chocolate truffles
- 12 treat sticks
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Temper the dark chocolate using a double boiler and a tempered chocolate “seed”. Once the chocolate is tempered, pour the dark chocolate into a deep bowl.
- Using parchment triangle bags create a criss cross design with the ruby and white chocolate on the surface of the dark chocolate.
- Place the truffles on treat sticks.
- Dip the chocolate “pops” into the chocolate mixture and swirl as you exit to create a striped design. Hang the pops upside down to create a chocolate point. Allow to set fully.
- Meanwhile make the chocolate flower. Using tempered chocolate and a palette knife create petal shapes in a line on a sheet of parchment paper. Once finished lay the parchment over the rolling pin to create rounded petal shapes. Allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Using a base of chocolate and a can of compressed air create a 3D flower design.
- Finally, using parchment paper and an angled palette knife create leaf shapes on parchment paper. Allow them to set fully before adding to the chocolate flowers.
- Use your designs to decorate a beautiful chocolate cake.
- Tip #1: For foolproof tempering use a “seed” temper chocolate to help ensure a perfect sheen.
- Tip #2: For sculptural elements keep all of your work cool and secure by using compressed air to set chocolate pieces together immediately.