- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 T sugar
- 2 T dried thyme
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 ea bay leaf
- 1 ea split bulb garlic
- 4 pork loin chops, 12 to 16 oz each
- 2 qts Maple Brine
- 2 T olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Bring all ingredients to a boil then remove from heat.
- Allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain and cool before using.
- Arrange pork chops in a dish so that they fit snugly, then pour the cold maple brine over them to cover completely.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- Remove them from the brine and discard the brine.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Rub or brush the pork chops with olive oil then season with salt and pepper, including the bone as well.
- Place the pork chops on the grill and leave them, untouched, just long enough for the pork to pick up some color and grill marks.
- Turn them over onto their second flat side and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the pork chops up onto their rounded side, or the edge of the chop with the fat on it. Now turn the pork chops over and cook them the same way on the bone side.
- Move the pork chops to a less-hot portion of the grill to continue cooking.
- Remove from heat and let rest.