- Veal Bones
- Tomato Paste
- Red Wine
- Bay Leaf
- Beef cheeks
- Veal Stock
- Bone Marrow
- Pie Crust
- Egg Wash
- Roast veal bones.
- Chop onions, celery, and carrots.
- Add veal bone to pot.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots.
- Add water.
- Boil veal bones and vegetables.
- Add tomato paste and red wine to a sauté pan.
- Add strained stock.
- Slice beef into 1” cubes.
- Salt beef cheeks and place into fridge.
- Take already salted beef cheeks out of fridge.
- Pour oil into a pot and turn on heat.
- Sear beef cheeks.
- While beef cheeks sear, chop mushrooms and onions.
- Remove beef cheeks and let rest.
- Add butter and flour to pan to make a roux.
- Deglaze with veal stock.
- Add beef cheek back in.
- Place mushrooms and onions in a separate pan to sauté.
- Braise beef cheeks for two hours and add in mushroom and onions, braise for two more hours.
- Remove from heat.
- Roast bone for bone marrow for ten minutes.
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Break butter into pea sized pieces and add to dry mixture.
- Let the butter and dry mixture mix.
- Add cream / water mixture.
- Roll out dough.
- Cut portions for bottom and top.
- Line pan with pie dough.
- Add filling.
- Place bone in the center of top piece of dough and cut out a piece for the bone to stick through.
- Place bone marrow in center of pie filling.
- Put pie dough on top.
- Crimp pie dough.
- Brush egg wash on top of pie.
- Place pie into oven.
- Pull out finished pie.
- Slice into pie.