- Rice Flour
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Crispy rice layer
- Cooked Rice
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Currants hydrated in verjus
- Rinse the rice in cold water.
- Bring up water and salt to a boil, then add washed rice.
- Boil for a few minutes then drain from water and lay out on sheet tray.
- Reserve part of the rice for plating.
- Mix a portion of the cooked rice with yogurt, butter and a rice flour slurry and pat that into a flat layer in the pan to form the crust.
- Over a low flame, we crisp up the bottom of the rice for 15 to 20 minutes to get a nice golden brown crust and for the rice to be full steamed through.
- We squeeze melted butter in a squeeze bottle around the edge of the pan as it’s cooking.
- Heating up verjus to just under a boil.
- Soaking currants off the heat in the verjus until cool.
- Remove the rehydrated currants.
- Pumpkin seeds get tossed in olive oil and salt.
- Place pumpkin seeds on a tray.
- Place sheet tray in a low oven until golden.
- Remove pumpkin seeds.
- We then layer in the rest of the rice with toasted pumpkin seeds and currants hydrated in verjus.
- Separate two egg yolks.
- Before turning out the rice onto a plate, we make a divot into the top (the fluffy underside of the rice) and drop in two raw egg yolks.
- We turn it over onto a plate and garnish with more currants and pumpkin seeds.