- Brown Sugar
- Secret Spice Mix
- Egg Yolk
- Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt, Kosher
- Bread and butter pickle, chopped
- Mustard, deli
- Onion, Red
- Pickle, b+b
- Pickle, juice
- Horseradish, atomic
- Celery seed
- Vinegar, white
- Salt, Kosher
- Pepper, black
- Pickle spice
- Salt, kosher
- Garlic, whole heads, split in half
- Grape leaves, jarred
- Rye Bread
- Russian Dressing
- Cole Slaw
- Swiss Cheese
- Wexler’s Pastrami
- Brined with salt, brown sugar, secret spice mix for 7 days.
- Remove from brine, coat the fat side with a second secret pastrami spice mix.
- Smoke with apple wood for 3 hours
- Slow cook for 10 hours
- Remove from slow cooker
- Rest before slicing
- Put yolks in a mixer with water, lemon, and salt.
- Mix on high.
- Drizzle all oil while mixing to finish.
- Chop bread and butter pickle.
- Add in the ketchup, worchestire, tabasco and horseradish.
- Mix to combine well.
- Add chopped pickle, lemon and deli mustard.
- Mix and reserve.
- Shred carrots, cabbage and onions.
- Mix together and add pickles, pickle juice, horseradish, mayo, celery see and white vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Allow to marinate.
- Wash cucumbers and remove any blossoms.
- Place cucumbers in a large container and add garlic, grape leaves, dill.
- Dissolve the salt in 4qt of water, then add to remaining cold water.
- Pour water mixture over cucumbers, leave uncovered in a cool/dry place for 2-3 days.
- Transfer to refrigeration for 1-2 weeks before they are ready.
- Take two pieces of rye and spread on an even layer of Russian dressing.
- Add coleslaw and 2 slices Swiss to one half of the bread
- Slice 7oz Wexler’s pastrami by hand and place on the non-cheese bread
- Place bread with cheese and slaw on top of meat
- Cut in half, plate.
- Garnish with pickle