Linguini alle Vongole with ‘Nduja
Behind The Dish - "Montreal"
- 2.27kg pork belly
- 150g high quality spicy paprika
- 70g high quality bittersweet paprika
- 56g sea salt
- 8g dextrose
- 7g Curing salt #2
- 10g bactoferm
- 30mL distilled water
- beef casings
- 600g fine semolina
- 240g water
- Linguini Noodles
- White wine
- Littleneck/pasta clams
- Cube the pork belly.
- In a bowl, add spicy paprika, bittersweet paprika, sea salt, curing salt #2 and bactoferm.
- Mix the spices together.
- Add in the pork belly and marinate the meat overnight.
- Soak the beef casings in water.
- Grind the meat.
- Add in the dextrose and water.
- Remove the beef casings.
- Stuff the sausage and tie off.
- Hang for two to three weeks.
- Put the flour to the food processor.
- While running the machine, slowly pour in the water.
- Open the machine and break up the clumps.
- Pulse the mixture until you have an even meal.
- Empty contents into a bowl and form into a uniform mass.
- Put dough into a sous-vide bag and seal.
- Let rest overnight.
- Roll out the pasta to the desired thickness and use the linguini attachment to cut the sheets.
- Place on a tray dusted with coarsely ground semolina to dry for about an hour
- Put on a pot for boiling water
- Get a frying pan hot.
- Place the desired amount of clams into the hot pan.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Allow to simmer covered to open the clams.
- When the clams are starting to open, add a couple of tablespoons of butter and chopped garlic.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Drop the linguini in the boiling water.
- Cook linguini about halfway.
- Add the linguini to the clam sauce.
- Break up the ‘nduja to small piece.
- Add small pieces of broken up ‘nduja.
- Add some finely chopped Italian parsley.
- Toss so that everything is well distributed
- Serve onto plates.