- 1 whole duck
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons smoked salt
- 1/4 tsp pink curing salt
- Dried Bing Cherries
- Duck Jus
- Black Pepper
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- One bunch thyme
- Duck fat
- Kosher salt
- Fresh Herbs
- Roasted Duck Flambé
- Cherry Jus
- Potatoes Lyonnaise
- Mix sugar, salt, smoked salt and curing salt together.
- Rub duck, inside and out with sugar and salt mixture.
- Place the duck in the refrigerator for five days.
- Remove duck from the refrigerator.
- Cold Smoke it with Cherry Wood.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Stuff duck with one bunch of thyme.
- Truss duck tightly with twine.
- Roast duck for 2 hours.
- Raise temperature to 350 for an additional 20 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Remove duck from the oven.
- Reserve rendered duck fat for potatoes.
- Rest duck for 30 minutes then slice and serve.
- Reduced duck jus.
- Add Cherries.
- Add Salt, Sugar and Black Pepper.
- Cook until Cherries are rehydrated.
- In a stock pot, boil potatoes with salt and thyme until tender.
- Drain and reserve potatoes.
- Heat a sauté pan with reserved duck fat.
- Smash potatoes gently until flat.
- Sauté potatoes in rendered duck fat with the onions and season with salt pepper and herbs until golden brown.
- Finish with chopped parsley.
- Douse the duck with Cognac at the table.
- Set Cognac on fire.
- Carve duck in the kitchen.
- Place duck on plate.
- Sauce duck with cherry jus.
- Add potatoes in a bowl.