- 2 cups red quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1 cup toasted almonds, crushed
- Add quinoa, water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a small sauce pot and place on medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Add butter to a sauté pan and set to medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and season with salt. Add 2 garlic cloves and sauté for 5 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked and mushrooms are seared. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Place sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, sugar and remaining garlic in a blender, and puree until smooth. Season with salt.
- Add 2 cups cooked quinoa to a small bowl. Top with mushrooms, Craisins, toasted almonds and lime crema. Serve immediately.