- 1 pound baby carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese crumbles
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cook carrots for about 4-5 minutes in a pot of boiling salted water, or until bright orange and slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, honey, vinegar, and thyme in a cast iron skillet on medium heat. When the carrots are ready, drain and toss in the skillet. Cook just until a glaze forms.
- Take it off the heat, arrange the carrots in a single layer, and crumble goat on top. Measure and cut the puff pastry to fit inside of the skillet. Press the pastry on top of the carrots and cheese. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for about 10 minutes. Run a knife along the edges to loosen, and invert the tart onto a plate. Slice and serve!